Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I have mushrooms growing in the pot with my Dieffenbachia Plant..is this normal, are they harmful to the plant

are the poisonous, should I remove them, or leave them. Has anybody had experience with this?

I have mushrooms growing in the pot with my Dieffenbachia Plant..is this normal, are they harmful to the plant
I had the same thing happen to my houseplants.There was an old house next door to us being destroyed because of a mould problem and it was a health hazard.Because of this the spores in the air travel and get into neighbouring homes and plant life.It causes mushrooms to grow,mushrooms are a fungus.I removed them from my houseplants for their well being and so the mushrooms wouldn,t take over and kill my plants.They overcame it and thrived.
Reply:No, it is not normal. Your soil is contaminated. It isn't "poisonous" however they will crowd the plant and take away it's organic nutrients... get rid of them.

arenas

No comments:

Post a Comment