Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Someone help me with my dieffenbachia?

Hello, i have a dieffenbachia camille and ive been looking at the soil and ive been noticing little white bugs in it. No webbing so far and the bugs seems to live in the soil and arent bigger than a millimeter, they are almost microscopic, but when you look they are everywhere. I noticed it when watering the plant. i was wondering if anyone has had the same problem with their plant and if they know what the bugs are. thank you

Someone help me with my dieffenbachia?
Mealy bugs.





A simple, effective way to kill them is mix 2 or 3 tablespoons of rubbing alcohol to 1 cup of water, add a couple of drops of dish soap and put it in a spray bottle. Spray the soil and plant liberally with it, every few days, until you don't see any more mealy bugs.





Sometimes it can take a lot of applications to destroy a heavy infestation, but it can be done. I've killed lots of mealy bugs and other houseplant pests with it.
Reply:those are mealy bugs


No comments:

Post a Comment